Passing this on because I hope it gets a lot of submissions. Its definitely not my own path, but I’d love to hear from Pagan monastics, and I know that they exist.
Polytheists who identify as monastics are invited to submit personal essays about their experience and practices to be included in an as-yet untitled anthology intended to heighten awareness of this form of Pagan spirituality. The editor is Janet Munin, editor of Queen of the Great Below: An Anthology in Honor of Ereshkigal. Danica Swanson of Black Stone Hermitage is serving as a consultant.
We are looking for vivid personal accounts and thoughtful reflections, not research papers.
Possible topics include:
- How a person came to and/or currently lives out a monastic vocation
- The joys and challenges of monasticism
- Monastic theology
- Your Rule of Life or other monastic disciplines you’ve adopted and what their impact has been
- Interviews with polytheistic monastics
- How monasticism differs from or overlaps with other spiritual identities or practices
- Living in community vs living as a hermit
- Balancing a monastic lifestyle with the need to earn a living…
View original post 214 more words